Carers Support Merton works in partnership with Merton Uplift
Merton Uplift provides a range of services and psychological therapies to promote positive mental well-being.
Other local wellbeing support services
- Wimbledon Guild is a local charity helping to improve the wellbeing of people who live, work or study in Merton. Their Talking Therapies service is open to anyone over the age of 18 who lives, works or studies within Merton and rates are offered on a sliding scale of fees based on affordability.
Tel: 020 8296 0030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online peer support communities
As well as seeking professional help it can also be very useful to talk to others who are struggling with their mental health.
- Clic is a free UK-wide online community that supports adults with their mental health. They provide an online wellbeing information hub with lots of resources, as well as the opportunity to join in discussion forums and chat to others online.
- Mind Side by Side is a supportive online community where you can talk about your mental health and connect with others who understand what you are going through.
National support for well-being & mental health
- Rethink Mental Illness has a number of helplines which offer emotional support and also a national advice service, all of which offer support to those experiencing severe mental illness, their Carers and relatives.
- Good Thinking is a Public Health England and NHS sponsored service available online or via an app. It provides free support to help people reduce stress and anxiety, improve their sleep and help lift their mood.
- Inspirited Minds provide faith-sensitive therapy for Muslim clients. Many of their therapists have undertaken additional training in spiritual and Islamic models of psychological therapy. They are also open to people of other faiths.