Carers Emergency Plan
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS FORM TO CARERS SUPPORT MERTON. KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE AND SHARE IT WITH ANY OF YOUR EMERGENCY CONTACTS.
As a Carer it is important to put together an emergency plan in case something happens and you may not be able to support the person you care for. Carers Support Merton has a template you can use to do this.
To create your Emergency Plan, you will need to know:
- Name, address and any other contact details of the person you care for.
- Emergency contact details of people who can provide replacement care.
- Any medication the person is taking.
- Any ongoing treatment they need.
- Their support, mobility and communication needs.
Putting your plan together
- Take your time to do this and make sure your emergency contacts are aware you have added them and their details are correct.
- Keep it somewhere safe and somewhere it can be found in an emergency.
- If the person you care for needs specific medication, write on the plan where this is kept and attach a prescription list, if possible.
- Let your GP know you are a Carer and have an Emergency Care plan at home.
- Give a copy of your plan to all of your emergency contacts.
- If the person you Care for has a social worker give them a copy.
- If you have pets think about alternative arrangements for them to be looked after if you are unable to.
- Update your plan if something changes.
Download a copy
Download your copy of the Carers Emergency Plan as a Word document or a PDF. Feel free to print off at home, or edit the document directly in Word or onto the PDF and save the file to your computer.
If you would like help filling in your Emergency Plan, please get in touch with Carers Support Merton on 020 8646 7515 or contact us