You can telephone the office between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday on 0208 646 7515 to ask for information or advice.
If we are unable to put you through to an advisor straight away, someone will call you back.
We are here to help with information, advice and guidance on all aspects of caring. This includes:
- Carers’ rights,
- financial & legal entitlements,
- housing & employment.
- Carers often have to learn new skills, cope with new challenges in their lives and gain access to services they have never used before.
“l now realise that l, as a Carer, have needs and it’s alright to get help.”
We specialise in offering responsive, confidential and flexible support for Carers to enable them to negotiate the complex and changing world of public and health services. For example we can:
- provide information about claiming benefits
- provide guidance about Power of Attorney
- suggest ways for Carers to learn new skills
- suggest ways for Carers to maintain their own health
- provide information about planning for the future
- suggest sources of support for dealing with emotional issues.
Employment, education and training
Many Carers combine their caring responsibilities with paid employment (or would like to). Our advisors can offer specific advice and support to enable to you meet your personal goals towards education, training and employment. For example:
- Advice about flexible working.
- Putting you in touch with agencies which help with job searching or volunteering opportunities.
- Advice about negotiating with your current employer to change your working patterns.
We also have regular newsletters providing information via email. You can sign up at the bottom of this page.
“The regular emails and information have helped to know that there is so much on offer and gives you a feeling that help is out there and someone cares.”
When you need additional help we can represent your concerns to external agencies or refer you to specialist advice services.