Help with water bills

If you are struggling to pay your water bills you should contact your supplier in the first instance, as they offer a range of solutions. 

Citizen‘s Advice have some useful information on dealing with water issues, including the WaterSure scheme.


If you have a large water bill or arrears, and you have not been able to get support from your water company then you could see if you are eligible for a grant. 

Grants are ‘one-off’ payments which do not have to be paid back.  However, grants are not a long term solution. You should seek advice to make sure you are getting all the support to which you are entitled and to help you to budget for your water bills in future.

Wimbledon Guild may consider providing a grant to cover a water bill. 

Search for grants

Turn 2 us is a charity-run website with an easy-to-use grant search which tells you how to contact any suitable charities. You can register for a free account to send online enquiries and applications to charities through the site.

Lightening Reach can also let you know what grants (and other financial support) you might be eligible for, and help you apply. 

Support from Carers Support Merton

If you are a Carer are are unable to resolve an issue with your water company or need support to work out how to cover your bills or manage a debt, call our office during opening hours and ask to be referred to Carers Support Merton Citizens Advice Crisis Prevention Worker.