You can apply for a supermarket voucher or a pre-paid gas and electric voucher.
Each household can apply for support up to TWICE in a 6 month period for either fuel OR food support, with applications no closer than 10 days apart.
This support is intended as ‘one-off’ crisis support and not ongoing support with food and fuel.
You will be asked to briefly explain the circumstances leading to you needing additional support with food and fuel.
To qualify for support you must:
- Be an unpaid family Carer or parent/carer of a Young Carer registered with Carers Support Merton
(Please complete the form, and we will contact you if you need to register)
- Be a London Borough of Merton resident
- Be in receipt of a means tested benefit or have a total household income less than £26,000 pa
- Be in demonstrable hardship and have a need for immediate emergency support with food or prepayment fuel
- Not applying for the reason that you have had your benefit entitlement suspended or sanctioned by the DWP, unless in the exceptional circumstance that it is a result of your caring role
- Not have access to any funds that can be relied on to meet the need you are applying for
- Have less than £500 in savings.
The scheme is administered to a fixed budget, and we reserve the right to end the scheme when funds are exhausted.
Please complete the form with as much information as possible to avoid delays in sending getting the voucher to you.